Our site is optimized for today's modern browsers. To fully benefit from our site's features, please download the latest version of either:
Hotels - Stay To Play
Stay To Play
EM2 Housing and Advanced Event Systems are committed to supporting our event partners through the pandemic. If you have any COVID-19 travel related issues, please contact EM2 Housing directly at 1-800-603-0917 and we will be glad to assist you.
For any questions and concerns that are not on the Lone Star Classic website, please contact us at [email protected] or 1-800-603-0917 between the hours of 8am to 5pm CST Monday through Friday. Any messages will be answered within 24 business day hours. Please do not call the hotels.
- What is Stay to Save?
A policy that requires all teams and attendees to book their hotel rooms through EM2 Housing in order to compete in the tournament. The housing department negotiates discounted rates at the best hotels in the area so that registered participants can attend the event for a low price. By booking a room through EM2 Housing, you not only get the best deal on a hotel room, but you also help lower the costs of tournament fees for everyone.
- How do I know that EM2 Housing will get me the best deal?
The Housing department continually runs rate integrity checks during the tournament dates to ensure that the contracted hotels are meeting their obligation to provide the lowest group rate on the rooms specifically available in Advanced Event Systems (excluding employee/government/AAA/AARP rates and prepaid booking).
- Why are some hotels not in the block?
EM2 Housing is willing to work with most hotels in the city. The primary reasons that a hotel would not be available are:
- The hotel did not submit a bid to the Convention & Visitor's Bureau.
- The bid that was submitted had a rate that was too high for the hotel's product or location.
- The hotel safety standards/location did not meet the expectations of LSC. For example, exterior corridor hotels (meaning that access to rooms was from the outside and not through an interior lobby and/or hall).
- The hotel was unable to offer the room types that teams need (double-bedded rooms or king with sofa sleeper rooms).
- The hotel would not agree to the terms in the contract required by EM2 Housing.
- How many rooms do I have to book to be accepted into the tournament?
Each team is required to book a minimum of 5 rooms with a 2-night minimum stay. These 5 rooms can be made up of team rooms (where players are staying in a room together), coaches' rooms, and/or parents' rooms.
- How do I book rooms for my team?
If this is your first time booking for Lone Star Classic, please follow the Instructions for Booking a Room.
If your team is considered local (tournament site is within 60 miles from where your team practices), you are exempt for housing requirements. If you do want to make hotel accommodations for the tournament, you must go through EM2 Housing.